Translate

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Formula 10.0.6 So Totally Clean deep pore cleanser original formula review


    Whew what a long name. Ok so today’s review is going to be on this no-rinse cleanser from Formula 10.0.6, which is honestly the only such product I know.
Like a toner you just soak a cotton pad, wipe and that’s it, no need to rinse, no need to get your hair (and shirt) wet if you’re as clumsy as me. And man does this thing do the job! I use this to clean my face in between showers and it takes off every bit of dirt that’s on your face, it’s really refreshing.




     This product contains a lot of alcohol and it does sting a little when used, but lets be honest, if you’re going to drag any noticeable amount of alcohol over a wound, old or not it's going to sting. So don't wipe over any cuts, popped acne etc. (unless the disinfectant ability of alcohol is worth the pain for you). You might freak out from the alcohol content but realistically, as a wipe-on cleanser there is no way to leave behind a more moisturising ingredient; it's essentially a solvent (and alcohol is a great solvent) for oil and particles on your face. Moisturiser or toner is needed right after but I personally prefer applying moisturiser on a thoroughly cleaned face than a not clean one, so it’s worth it to me.



    However if you have dry skin this cleanser is way too strong; try the one for sensitive skin, the aqua one that smells nicer. It’s definitely milder but still leaves your face feeling clean and I think its alcohol free. While the sensitive skin one is more comfortable to use, I feel like it doesn't do as thorough a job. I’ve tried using the two on days when I did the same things, left the house etc. and the sensitive one didn't have as much grime on the cotton pad. It also doesn't feel as stripping, more like a toner, so it's a case of which one you prefer really.

    As for the original formula, it does have a strong smell but I don't really mind it; it's a sharp sort of chemically perfume-y smell? Although if you put too much on the cotton pad you’ll mainly smell alcohol and the fumes will sting your eyes. Obviously not one for people with sensitive eyes or noses. The fragrance ingredient is also pretty high on the list, but considering this product is probably mainly water and alcohol, it’s probably not in that high an amount. Still, sensitive-to-fragrances-people may want to avoid this product.
ingredients list

    The product is packaged in a clear hard plastic bottle with white writing, which can get a little hard to read when you’ve used up the bright orange product behind it. I previously used up a bottle and that one had a flat top dispenser, whereas my current bottle has 2 ridges on it, I think from when I pulled out the plug sealing it. My first bottle didn’t have a plug so the ridges obviously weren’t there, but the ridges don’t really affect application so meh. The nice thing is that the lid is a screw top, which means it won’t pop off and leak, if you decided to take it travelling, or drop it at just the right angle.
 
ridges on new bottle


    I’d recommend this product to anyone interested in a quick way to clean their faces, especially in the morning, and people with oily to combination to normal skin, but definitely not dry or mature skin. If you have sensitive skin like me, or rosacea, I wouldn’t recommend this when your skin is flaring up but if your skin has calm periods, like mine does, it’s ok to use then. 
You know, unless you react to one of the ingredients. 


You can get this product, or other products from this brand, at priceline.


Effectiveness: 8/10
Formulation: 6/10
Feel: 6/10
Packaging: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment