Translate

Monday 12 January 2015

Avene thermal spring water review



    As if a stingy hoarder like me would ever pay for friking water in a can right? If you haven’t noticed in my previous reviews, I pretty much only buy “drugstore” (i.e. Priceline) products and they’re almost always on sale. Since my mum liked to use one of their other products I figured I’d try an Avene product while Priceline had a sale. So now you get a review of one of those fancy shmancy French thermal waters! I never understood the deal with these thermal spring water spray-cans, but after trying the Avene one I can see at least part of the appeal. (note: I don’t know why they need to call it thermal, it’s not hot anymore, but I guess it sounds fancier than spring water)
(edited because out of focus)


    I know you can use this as a toner, but since I don’t really see the point in toners, I don’t use it as such. I really only use this as an add-on treatment for my eczema. I frequently get flare ups of eczema on my neck, which sometimes stubbornly refuses to be moisturized either by drinking or creams. At those times I spray the Avene water directly onto the irritated dry patch, then add a calming basic moisturizer. The water helps to calm the skin down if it’s irritated and sort of makes my skin more willing to accept the moisturizer after. Note that that's help, not fix; I don’t think this stuff works wonders, like some people seem to claim, but I can say that it is better than tap water.

    When I have eczema and I go to the beach, usually the seawater helps a little too, so I think the main reason the Avene water helps is due to the increased minerals and salts (in the right combination) that aid in the rehydration, and not some magical property of Avene thermal spring water alone.
(edited because out of focus)

    This water comes in a metal spray can, which is pressurized using nitrogen gas and not CFCs or other artificial propellants, which I appreciate since nitrogen gas is inert and doesn’t interfere with the atmosphere or your face. The plastic cap and the metal bottle have rounded edges and it’s the 50 ml bottle is a comfortable size, not too small and useless feeling, but still small enough to fit easily in the average bag. This bottle has also lasted me a while, although I do use it sparingly. The spray nozzle produces a nice even spray, not too pointed, or wide, and soft so long as you don’t spray 5 cm from your face. As a mineral water, it doesn’t smell like anything in particular,
sprayed on hand

I would recommend this for people with dry and flaky or irritated skin that sometimes likes to play dumb and refuse moisture (stupid itchy little grrr).

Effectiveness: 6/10
Feel: 7/10
Formulation: who knows
Packaging: 8/10

8 comments:

  1. İt is said that mineral water, especially in these summer days, is good for the face for both freshening and its quality. But i wanted to ask whether these Mineral waters we buy from the markets would also be useful if they were to be sprayed without the acid?
    mineral water spray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, sorry for the late reply, but I don't know what you mean by acid. As far as I know, most hotsprings and other 'mineral' waters are high in metals, and if you were to measure their pH it would most likely lean towards alkaline rather than acidic.
      I wouldn't recommend an acidic facial spray anyway since you might get it in your eye and that would be irritating.
      Also facial sprays advertised as having cooling and calming properties are probably great for sumer for freshening (I'm not sure what you mean by quality, skin quality?) and for me avene worked quite well at calming.

      Delete
  2. I really like the fresh perpective you did on the issue. I will be back soon to check up on new posts! Thank you!
    Atlanta Bottled Water Delivery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing
    healthy drinking water

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the helpful post. I found your blog with Google and I will start following. Hope to see new blogs soon.
    healthy drinking water

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think most people would agree with your article. I am going to bookmark this web site so I can come back and read more articles. Keep up the good work!
    Kangen Water

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the post. Im a big fan of the blog, i've even put a little bookmark right on the tool bar of my Firefox you'll be happy to find out!
    kar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the post. Im a big fan of the blog, i've even put a little bookmark right on the tool bar of my Firefox you'll be happy to find out!
    social impact

    ReplyDelete