Translate

Wednesday 2 September 2015

May + June empties and favourites


(So I meant to upload this right after the march + april empties you know, sort of on time, but then I forgot about it due to the below-mentioned point of temporary respite being over. I'm now in a longer break in work, hopefully I can get more done on blogging)

    So I know I said uploads would be sporadic since I was getting my uni project together but even I was surprised that I essentially fell off the (communication) grid for like 4 months. Even now I’m not done, I’ve just reached a point of temporary respite.

Favourites

Z-palette (black, large)
I’ve been meaning to get at least 1 for ages now, since I hate having to open single eyeshadow compacts. I’d considered the unii palette but the z-palette was so much cheaper and available at crush cosmetics (an Australian online shop). This is so convenient~ I spent an afternoon transferring most of my single eyeshadows and blushes to it and it’s already about ¾ full so I’m going to need another one soon, ;P.



Neutrogena pore – refining cleanser
I’d heard good things about this but I was blown away after dealing with the cetaphil cleanser. I definitely want to do a more in-depth review later but suffice to say that this cleanser actually has enough AHAs to make a difference to skin texture. Although it turns out it has the same friking problem with water leakage as the grapefruit cleanser (goddamnit Neutrogena get your friking packaging game together!)

Empties

I have a review for this so I’m just going to say I was happy to finish this up. I originally meant to keep it around for whenever my skin flared up, but the mostly empty bottle bugged me, and it was so ineffective I just couldn’t be bothered and used it up.

Maybelline MNY purple + blue eyeshadow, maxfactor earth spirits 112 stormy blue + 131 ultra aqua and wild shadow pot 45 sapphire rage, Rimmel colour rush duo in 601 soft glam, beautyworks 2 blushes + bronzer (packaging)
Technically I depotted these eyeshadows so the empties are the compacts not the shadows but whatever but whatever. I gotta say it was quite therapeutic to look at the pile of plastic packaging after the end of my ‘must fill z-palette!’ spree.
 
the first purge of single shadow packaging muhahaha
Rimmel colour rush duo (very old) in 601 soft glam - pink pan
This duo was a really old thing I found in a Priceline sale bin (I say old because I don’t remember having seen this style of packaging before), and I bought it solely for the aqua, the pink turned out to have flaky glitter, was poorly pigmented and the colour looked a bit dead on me. At first I left it in the z-palette, I have no idea why, but then I remembered that I’d always planned to dump it and I scraped it all into the bin. I figured I’d keep the pan in case I could use it and lo and behold a week later I filled it with a mix of some of my chichi green loose shadows.

Formula 10.0.6 overnight spot minimizing patches
I have a review half written for this but to summarise, they aren’t miracle workers but they do make a difference. You get 4 sealed packets in a box and each packet contains ~30 patches I think. A box will last you a long time and the patches do decrease slightly in effectiveness after the packets been opened for a while, in my opinion.

Ponds cleansing oil
Finally finished this~! This was given to me by my cousin at least 3 years ago and it’s not available in Australia (yet, but since Ponds is now available in Priceline maybe it will be?). This was a great cleansing oil, it didn’t irritate my eyes if it got in them, didn’t have a strong scent, and took makeup off easily (although I think the efficacy went down towards the end, but the bottle was ~3 years old by then so . . . ) I quite liked it but I didn’t use it all the time because I’m messy and I usually reserve cleansing oils for right before getting in the shower so I don’t get water all over the bathroom instead. 


Palmolive aromatherapy anti-stress body wash
Was in last (double) months empties, same deal; I like the smell of ylang ylang.

Palmolive peach and apricot kernel oil shower gel
I think? I know it smells like peaches and I buy it all the time so I forget whether it had apricot kernel oil or not. The new one I bought is peach and rose but it doesn’t have the little bead things that the older formula had.



No comments:

Post a Comment