Translate

Wednesday 16 September 2015

July + August favourites and empties


Yay back on time~ (sort of)
I meant to post this a couple of days after the others, so it'd only be a few days late, but I dithered over whether I had a favourite because these 2 months were the busiest so I spent very little time wearing makeup or paying attention to my skincare. 

Favourites
Chichi baked single in I’m every woman (matte medium brown) 
    Chi Chi? Chichi? Anyway, completely matte baked eyeshadows are something I’ve never seen before (or since) so I was quite interested when I saw this. I’ve been looking for a good transition shade for ages and though I had my eye on a MUFE shadow, I also really wanted to try this, especially because these swatched so pigmented and so smoothly. I love this shade, it’s not exactly what I was going for but it’s so versatile and it blends seamlessly into skin even without primer.

Empties

Sukin facial moisturiser
    Technically I still had a little bit left but I dumped the bottle and scraped the little bit out into a tub so . . .  (edit: I finished it off on the 6/9 so not far off)
This was an ok moisturiser in a kinda hard to explain way. It felt moisturising but it left my face shiny afterwards, in a freshly moisturised kind of way not a greasy/oily way but still. It was a good basic moisturiser but not helpful with my oily t-zone. I think this would make a great basic moisturiser for dry skinned people, and I think it might have mild calming/soothing properties as well so good for dry and irritated skin. The smell, though mild, was certainly in the calming range. 


Cheap blush brush
    After I bought my new gloss blush brush I honestly don’t know why I didn’t dump this straight away, I mean I did like the shape of this one as well but it’s not like the shape was all that unique I didn’t need to hold onto this for comparison *sigh*. So I dumped it after I remembered this fact.

Maybelline forest smokes quad + Revlon satin eyeshadow single in shimmering sienna (packaging)
    So like a month before I bought the z-palette I dropped my favourite Maybelline eyeshadow quad (it’s my only Maybelline quad but I was quite fond of it) and broke the lid so I couldn’t travel with it, which was rather annoying. I forgot to put it in the z-palette straight away because at first I just wanted to get rid of all the single eyeshadows that were bugging me. The Revlon one I always meant to transfer to a z-palette as I love the colour but I can never be arsed to open the singles lid when I’m working from a palette. 



Bioderma Sebium (intensive care acne-prone skin) fluid activ? moisturiser sample
    Stupidly long name, equates to the moisturiser from the Bioderma oily/acne-prone skin range. I don’t think this was advertised to prevent oiliness, but that’s what I wanted so I wasn’t that interested in this product. Towards the end I used it relatively regularly and it might have helped but I don’t think it did much on it’s own. Also I didn’t like the smell, it smelled kind of acidic, not like lemons or something but like sour and slightly burning. It didn’t hurt, but it didn't feel like it moisturised all that much so I personally wouldn’t recommend it but if you want every aspect of your skincare to help with acne and you don’t mind shelling out for Bioderma (and you don’t mind the odd smell) try and get a sample like I did.

Batiste dry shampoo in dark & deep brown
    This one took me longer than the Klorane one to finish partly because it’s bigger and partly because I tried to use this more sparingly. Also because it was winter so I didn’t feel the need to use dry shampoo as much. As mentioned in last (double) months favourites, I love that this one is invisible in my hair. Unfortunately a side effect is that when I scratch my head my nails get filled with black-brown powder *sigh*.

Palmolive Peach and rose shower gel
    Didn’t really smell much rose I think but the peach smell was milder than the original one I bought.

Palmolive Ayurituel shower gel Energy (the sandalwood smelling one)
    I like the smell of sandalwood so I decided to try this on a whim. The scent is mild but it’s nice.

Palmolive White citrus with lemongrass extract shower gel
    Also a mild smelling shower gel, was a nice not-sweet citrus with a bit of green to the smell but not as sharp as real lemongrass, just a faint leafy-ness to the smell.

Daiso charcoal mask? (can’t remember when I dumped it actually)
    Yeah at some point I dumped this and then forgot when so I’ll just put this here. Daiso has more than one brand of charcoal masks and I bought the black packaging one with the gold writing. If you don’t know how these work, they’re (usually black) sticky masks in squeeze tubes. Unlike fabric nose patches these don’t need water on the skin to stick, rather water can wash them off with a bit of scrubbing. You spread it all over whatever area you want (the benefit over patches) then let it dry. Like with any drying liquid, the thicker the layer the longer it takes to dry, but if the layers too thin, it’s kind of impossible to peel off in one go. Even then though, there will be some thin straggly bits so you usually have to wash part of your face anyway. I personally didn’t feel like this did much but it was fun and got the oil of my face. Towards the end though I think my skin was reacting to it, after I took it off the skin would go red.

No comments:

Post a Comment