Translate

Monday 9 November 2015

September + October favourites and empties


Double posting because I meant to post this bi-monthly favourites and empties earlier, but I wanted to get a review together to stuff in between. The stupid thing is that the reviews that are mostly complete, I don't have pictures for and the pictures I did take in a massive picture taking spree last month are mostly for as yet unwritten reviews, *sigh* for boss organisational skills. 


Favourites
Lady Jayne ‘smoothies’ hair ties
Lame ass name but these velvety hair ties that I was sent for beautyheaven trial team actually work really well. Because they’re covered in velvet (and because the elastic is tight and stiff) they grip hair really well and STAY in my hair all day. They’re kinda chunky tho so not great for smaller work, but if you want your hair out of your face for the day then these are perfect.

Empties
    So I chopped off my ponytail in September which meant that my hair was a lot shorter so I don’t have any hair empties this time (I definitely would have finished off my shampoo and conditioner otherwise) and I finished the giant bottle of bodywash I’ve been using (p.s. if you thought I went through a lot of shower gel based on my previous empties, I share that bottle with my cousin so yeah, 2 people can go through a lot of shower gel) a week into November, so I can’t include it either.

I have a review on this up already, so suffice to say it’s a good moisturiser and there’s a lot of product left in the tube. I started having problems squeezing much out at the start of September and I realised that was partly because there were cracks in the tube (after so long, and because I kept flattening the sides) so I couldn’t use air pressure anymore. So I squeezed the tube as flat as possible and squeezed all the gel I could possibly push out of the tube into a small tub with a twist lid. The total gel that came out lasted me like a month and a half, that’s liberal use + I used it to mix with tea tree oil to treat pimples.


Neutrogena pore refining cleanser
I LOVE  this cleanser and I kept meaning to review it aaand then I used it all up so I guess I’ll post a review later with a new bottle when I repuchase. This cleanser has AHAs and BHAs in it which exfoliate and thus help with acne which is why I bought it. This cleanser leaves my face feeling clean and slightly smoother and I think it’s definitely helped my skin but I’m not sure because the last month of it’s usage it was kind of crap because Neutrogena apparently haven’t fixed the problem with the bottle design (this bottle looks the same as the grapefruit cleanser) and this bottle STILL ALLOWS WATER IN THROUGH THE NECK. ARGH.

Skinvitals coq10 + soy mask
So I posted a mini review of this on beautyheaven but then the brand disappeared from beautyheaven and I used this like 4 weeks ago so my memory of it is a bit vague but it’s pretty simple: my skin reacted badly to this mask. When I put this on it stung but I figured it wasn’t too big a deal, then I took it off and my cheeks were red and bumpy for a week. I slathered them with aveeno oatmeal cream to calm my skin down but yeah, not using this again.

Not quite an empty:
Sally Hanson miracle gel nail polish and top coat duo
This isn’t an empty and will never be an empty because I gave them away, because a) the colour polish was a horrible neon warm pink (few colours could have been worse for me) and b) it was kinda crap. I’m writing the review for this but the short version is: takes forever to dry and doesn’t last much longer than my normal polish combo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment